“Stylish at Any Age”
Style is classic! Style is timeless! Style is Brenda Tate!
You know there is always that one woman who you look to for fashion advice, some style guidance and glam inspiration. You take your cues from her. She is a fashion leader and style icon.
She doesn’t follow fashion. Fashion follows her. Her style is ageless!
The one uniform that also suited her very well was a police officer’s outfit that she adorned during her decades in law enforcement, and she was a veteran police officer for decades.
So how is style defined by this fashionista?
- I define style as being a state of mind and having a keen instinct of knowing what works for you. We all have our own style, good or bad; however, it’s also about ATTITUDE! It’s your flair, the way you move, it’s your fingerprint. Your style is how most people will identify you the moment they meet you. Your style should leave a lasting impression and it should be timeless.
- Every lady’s wardrobe should have three things: “The Little Black Dress,” a string of pearls, and black pumps (not platforms).
- My best compliment came from my grandson when he was three years old. I was getting dressed for church and he was sitting on the bed waiting for me to finish dressing. After placing my hat on my head just so, my grandson’s face lit up and he said, “OOOH, Grandma, you are a pretty lady, Grandma!” and he started clapping. Now, that was my best and most honest compliment.
- There is no one person I admire for their sense of style. However I do admire the fashion designers of the ’40s and ’50s for their sense of style, and Gabrielle “CoCo” Chanel was my favorite. One of her famous quotes was, “Fashion fades, only style remains the same,” and that quote is what has motivated and inspired my sense of style.
- My do’s & don’ts for mature women are not specific; however, they are thoughts and quotes that will make you go hmmm… As my mother once reminded me, “It ain’t your turn anymore”; a mature woman should know what works for her stylishly and what is not just a fad. More importantly, if it does not fit, please give it away.
Are you a lady of a “certain age” and you want to share your photos? Send to: email@example.com.