I purchased this Somona maxi dress from an online thrift seller, originally priced at $52.00. But I snatched it up for $10.00. Ten dollars never looked so good on me.
This lightweight cotton dress, despite being black, feels very cool in this summer weather. I effortlessly paired it with several low-heel mules and sandals, creating very comfortable and stylish looks.
Maxi dresses are very versatile and serve as an essential stylish piece in any wardrobe. Whether you’re looking for a casual daytime look or something more formal for the evening, there is sure to be a maxi dress that will fit your personality perfectly. With their timeless appeal, maxi dresses effortlessly transition from day to evening.
Take a floppy hat and flip it to create several shapes to get more looks out of one hat.
And with the right accessories, you can make any maxi dress stand out from the crowd. Look at some of our top tips for maximizing any maxi dress to feel confident and stylish wherever you go.
Regardless of your size or height, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t rock that maxi dress with confidence!
Let’s get started!
- Accessories: There really are no rules to adding accessories. Just have fun and be creative. I adore wearing large hoop earrings, which add a touch of glamour to any outfit. You can find my stunning hoop earrings available for purchase below.
- Make each time you wear your dress a fashionable experience by creating a theme. Experiment with different color combinations like black and white with a splash of red, or embrace earthy tones that work well even in the summer. Alternatively, you can make a bold statement by incorporating a popping pink as your accent color. Let your imagination run wild and create captivating looks for every occasion.
- Don’t leave your maxi dress behind when packing for your vacation. It’s the perfect piece to throw over your swimsuit for a stylish beach or poolside look. The best part? You don’t have to worry about wrinkles.
- Top your look off with a hat for fun and flexibility. Check out the thrift shops for inexpensive, trendy hats to add some fashion flair.
- When you want to achieve a laid-back and casual vibe with your long dress, consider pairing it with flat shoes. I have even seen some women wear tennis shoes with their maxi.
- Always remember that confidence is your greatest asset when trying to make a style statement. Follow the KISS rule of dressing: Keep It Simple Sister. You can feel sassy, sexy, and sophisticated, even at your age.
The right accessories can go a long way!
Now we want to hear from you; what are some of your favorite maxi dress styling tips? Be sure to share them with us in the comments below. You just might win one of our summer giveaways.
Photo tagline: Take a floppy hat and flip it to create several shapes to get more looks out of one hat.
Click to purchase crossbody bags: https://yourstylishways.com/ysw-shop-for-style/
Click to purchase loop earrings: