Professional Clothier, Clare Fontenot and client, go over fabrics and details prior to fitting for a custom made suite.
Astor and Black
- Name-Clare Fontenot
- Title-Professional Clothier
- Company-Astor & Black Custom Clothiers
- How long have you been with this company?1 year
- Describe your job.I meet with busy business professionals at their home or office to help them design a personalized, custom wardrobe. Clients love the convenience of me coming directly to them as opposed to going out to a clothing store. It’s a service in itself. Once there, I help the client fill in any gaps they may have in their wardrobe, and together we design the perfect custom suits and clothing to fill that gap. I take up to 30 individual measurements on the body to assure a custom fit. Then we select fabrics from the swatch books I bring along. Clients get to custom make their suits, shirts, sports coats, cashmere overcoats, and select which custom lining and details they want. We have thousands of fabrics from the top mills in the world to choose from with designer names such as Zegna, Scabal, Loro Piana and Marzoni, to name a few. Above all, we offer the highest quality in custom suiting at a superb value.
- What do you most like about it?It’s a great privilege to provide this service to our elite clientele. I get the opportunity to build fantastic relationships with the people I work with, and being able to express my creativity in the fashion industry is just the icing on the cake. I love dressing clients and making them look and feel great and, when you love what you do, it doesn’t feel like work!
- How did you get into this profession? As a little girl, I loved to get dressed up all the time so when I became an adult, I knew I was destined to work in fashion.
- Give us a brief description of your background. I graduated from the Arts and Fashion Institute with a Bachelor of Arts degree. I started as a trunk show model for Neiman Marcus working with brands like Chanel, Gucci and Versace, and then continued my career there for the next 20 years. I also had the opportunity to work as a personal shopper to celebrities like Jermaine Dupri, Patti LaBelle, Kris Kross, Toni Braxton and Elton John.
- Where do you plan to go from here?I have accomplished my dreams with this career. I can’t see myself doing anything else. In the future I will be traveling around the US to continue growing my ever-increasing clientele and making them all look great in the process.
- Anything you would like to add about your profession?It’s an affordable luxury and transformative experience that I highly recommend. If anyone is in the need for custom clothing, I advise them to reach out to me and schedule an appointment. Clare Fontenot | 412.609.3390 | firstname.lastname@example.orgAlso check out our website for further information and style inspiration! www.astorandblack.com
“Astor & Black is a true custom clothier. We are intensely focused on delivering your natural fit through our comprehensive 30-Point Fit Profile and fitting process that’s done at your home or office with your Professional Clothier. Our Master Tailors then review each set of new customer measurements and create your unique customer template, which is centrally stored and adjusted for all future orders. Each suit is hand cut, then sewn together according to our strict quality standards and delivered to you in person by your Professional Clothier. Your Professional Clothier also provides the service of being a go-to stylist. They can recommend pieces that work well with your lifestyle, taste, and price-point to ensure your wardrobe is complete. You are getting more than a suit. You are building a relationship with a trusted stylist who knows you.” astorandblack.com