Work it out!
Get an Accountability Buddy
I’ll be honest, only when I was given a challenge did I pay so much attention to my numbers; the number of steps, the numbers in my heart rate, the number of distance that I walk, and the number of miles. Numbers matter. The motivation to start making those numbers count was to join a Fitbit group online.
The group held me accountable. They were my viral support system. If you can’t hold yourself accountable, try getting on a team or join an online group. Staying focused can be hard. It would be nice if you had an innate drive and determination to do what you need to do to be healthy, but let’s face it, life happens and things get in the way.
Distractions can take us away from our commitment and dedication. I suggest you get an accountability buddy. Some one who is not going to judge or criticize you. If you don’t want to deal with a live person, friend or coach…the viral buddy is the way to go.
- First, make the commitment to do something.
- Then devise a plan to be dedicated to your physical health.
- Check out some fitness Apps that can help you track your success.
- Join a group that can help you get and stay motivated.
- Remember that you must be willing to do your part.
- Accept the challenges that your group or App offer; then compete with others to beat their goals.
Below are some Apps and Sites:
Time to remove the excuses. Your health is your wealth. You can either invest in being well, or pay the price for being sick.