I seldom attend a business meeting without wearing a blazer.
A blazer is the workwear staple every working woman should have in her closet. A blazer can turn any outfit into an appropriate working wardrobe staple. The saying, ‘How you dress influences how you feel and how others perceive you,’ is certainly true for blazers: they give off a FEMALE BOSS vibe and instantly make you look and feel professional. A blazer is a key part of that power outfit that effortlessly creates a confident look.
Apart from being an essential work outfit, blazers can also be worn in a variety of ways for different occasions. Blazers also come in numerous cuts and shapes to flatter different body types and tastes. These are some of the reasons why blazers are so functional today.
Below are a few must-have versions of power blazers:
- Leather Blazer: An alternative to the usual leather jacket is a more classic and versatile jacket that has the power to give any outfit a chicer edge. Leather blazers are a must-have for every woman. I have had my leather blazer for over a decade and it still has style and longevity.
- Peplum Blazer: A peplum blazer has a gorgeous curve at the bottom, and it gives a softer and more feminine look. A peplum blazer is just what you need to highlight your waistline.
- Denim Blazer: One of the trendiest blazers that goes well with almost any casual outfit. It comes in different styles and designs. The classic denim blazer is the most versatile and looks fantastic combined with jeans, long flowing skirts and even accented with a variety of different jewelry.
- Single-breasted blazer: Single breasted blazers are a great addition to any woman’s wardrobe. They are usually buttoned up to the middle point and they can be styled in different ways such that they fit different body types and occasions; formal or casual.
Fitted Blazer: My favorite. I get most of my blazers altered to be more fitted to give the illusion of a smaller waistline. The fitted blazer comes with a tailored look. It is made in such a way that it fits perfectly with your body type or shape, accentuating the waist whilst still looking professional.
- Cape Blazer: The cape blazer is also one of the latest and trendiest women’s blazers. It usually has cut and distinct sleeves. The cape blazer collar is sleek and very comfortable. It goes well with any formal outfit. A cape blazer can also be worn with a mini dress for casual occasions or outings such as a night club or a party.
- Printed Blazer: These types of blazers are made with different types of print designs that give you a vibrant and classy look. Print designs such as polka dots are great for informal outings while conventional prints are great for formal outings.
- Tuxedo Blazer: A tuxedo dress blazer is designed with woven fabric, padded shoulders, and a cut design to give the body a highlight. The tuxedo jacket gives an effortless cool, sexy and classy style to one’s look.